LSJA is seeking a dynamic, self-starter to assist in marketing and communications efforts (approximately 10-15 hours/week). This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working in a casual work environment. The communications intern will work with staff and volunteers on digital, promotional, and event media. The intern will help develop communication initiatives, website, and social media content, and assist in the creation of LSJA materials. This is an unpaid position with the potential of future employment.
- Assist with development of creative concepts and marketing strategies for promoting LSJA’s program areas;
- Assist in planning, writing, and managing electronic newsletters, websites, and social media;
- Help create and implement an annual communications calendar;
- Foster relationships with local media and help draft press releases and event marketing;
- Manage photo and video content;
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and tools for marketing and communications;
- Other duties as needed.
- Firm grasp of social media tools and platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Hootsuite, Weebly, etc;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Experience in website design, construction, and management;
- Proactive in monitoring social media accounts and engaging in outreach;
- Self-starter, good time management, creative with ability to communicate in a professional manner;
- Ability to work well independently as well as within a team;
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of service quality and the organization’s mission.
Non-essential but highly desirable
- Knowledge of HTML, website content management and graphic design.