LSJA is currently accepting applications for a remote legislative internship program during the upcoming 88th Texas Legislative Session. The LSJA Internship Program offers an unparalleled opportunity for college students, graduate students, and recent graduates to learn more about public affairs, governmental affairs, and non-profit communications campaigns through day-to-day responsibilities and experiences not found in other programs. Our intern program plays a critical role in both client work and internal projects, often involving research and writing components. Candidates must have a strong work ethic, an interest in Texas politics, and a willingness to accept responsibility and contribute immediately to LSJA's mission, values, and goals. Applicants should be motivated, fast learners with demonstrated writing, research, and organizational skills. A keen interest in government, politics, or corporate strategy is preferred. Potential candidates must also have Internet access, familiarity with web conferencing platforms, and the ability to work remotely for a minimum of 15 hours a week for the duration of the 88th Texas Legislative session.
- conducting policy research
- monitoring legislative committee hearings
- assisting with client meetings and communications
- performing various administrative tasks and other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated commitment to public interest work;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational and communication skills